An arrest by police and conviction for driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI) may result in severe consequences. This endangers other drivers, results in hefty fines and jail time, and sullies a person’s reputation. Relationships can be ruined as a result of this, and jobs may be jeopardized as a consequence.
There are only few things more dangerous than getting into a car accident while intoxicated and going to court because of it. However, you can avoid driving under the influence by following some simple tips, such as:
- Those who intend to drink should nominate a non-drinking designated driver. It’s critical that this person understands the expectations and can be trusted to keep their word. This driver should be familiar with everyone’s addresses, possess a valid driver’s license, and prepare emergency contact information.
- When individuals go out drinking, public transportation is essential. People should try to use the bus, train, or hire a cab instead of relying on a designated driver. All of these solutions are cost-effective and straightforward methods to return home.
- Making plans to sleep over or book a hotel room before going out to a New Year’s Eve party or special event is an innovative approach to avoid a DUI/DWI. As a result, attendees may enjoy the event without worrying about how they will get home.
- Party hosts can take proactive measures to prevent attendees from driving while intoxicated or receiving a DUI/DWI. An ideal way is to have various drink options available, such as water, soda, and juice. This gives designated drivers something to drink while also helping to cancel out the craving for alcohol consumption.
- Hosts must turn off the keg or alcohol supply before the party ends. This prevents guests from becoming intoxicated and then attempting to drive. It’s a good idea to offer guests a few hours without alcohol, so they don’t try to drink and drive.
The necessary precautions can be taken to protect people from DUI/DWIs. Nobody wants to get in a car and make a life-changing mistake. It’s always better to be safe than sorry so that no one gets killed or vehicles get damaged. In the worst-case scenario, if you get involved in a legal dispute, you should seek the advice of an attorney from a reputable firm such as Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian.